This time, I would like to share one website that is cool and fantastic which the students are able to benefit from. It is called Listen and Write. Similar to the previous website that I have published, this website is able to be one of the favourite website among students as it allows them to practise listening skill as well as writing skill. Most of the people are merely enjoying listening to songs and not doing anything. This website on the other hand, allows users to not only listen to their favourite song but also dictate the lyrics out. I found this very useful for students as they will be able to practise listening skills as well as expand their vocabulary knowledge. Students can choose from various listening materials from Youtube and news in order to practice. Students are required to listen and write down the missing words or sentences on the space provided. If they do not want to listen to songs, there are other alternatives such as news or interviews, which are more 'serious'. Therefore, more or less, it allows variety of materials because students can choose the materials based on their interest. The organization of this website is fairly satisfying because there are not too many items being put in the website. Students more or less will likely to have no problems in finding their desired materials. On the other hand, in my opinion, this website is suitable for students of beginner and intermediate level as it more enjoyable and fun. Apart from that, I think the activities are not of higher level because it does not require critical thinking or cognitive skills in completing them
How to do it?
It is not complicated and quite user-friendly because it allows repetition so that the students will be able to capture the words. I have done one of it by choosing a song from Youtube
|Different sources available.|
|You can select preferable from |
3 different mode.
|Simple video interface, and activity at the bottom.|
This is the sample that I have done from the website.
The advantages of this website are:
1. It allows multiple skills which are listening and writing at the same time.
2. It is free and enjoyable for young and intermediate learners as it does not involve critical thinking
3. Various sources are available.
4. It also has different level of difficulties for different level of students.
The disadvantages of this website are:
1. The students might not be interested in the topic available. This is because they cannot search the materials that they prefer but rather have to choose from the list. There is also no search button.
2. May not not suit advanced students which require more activities that involve critical thinking as well as cognitive skills.
3. Lack or physical resources as it requires all students to have their own computer.
Here is the link to the website